Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Yarden maintenance for April, 1 by speediebean

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright speediebean

In reply to: Yarden maintenance for April

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Yarden maintenance for April
speediebean wrote:
Holly, I have considered getting a hose reel like that second one that you showed, it's similar to the ones we have at work, only the ones at work are all metal. The only thing is that I don't want to have yet anther thing sitting on the ground. I got this spike-thing that has the hose-holder part up high, so nothing really 'sits on' the ground, but it's still not "The Perfect Hose Reel", if ya know what I mean.

Gita, now THAT looks like "The Perfect Hose Reel"!!! For something like that, I wouldn't mind AT ALL making new holes in the wall of my house!!! Does it truly have a 225' hose capacity like the write-up says? That looks like a great design, too, no worries that the hose will get caught up in the side, between the reel and the 'wheel', so to speak. I've saved that page in my 'gardening' folder for future reference... and, probably not too distant a future, too! =)

I just got 2 new weeper/soaker hoses in the mail last evening, another 25' one, and a 50' one, along with 2... "splitters", I guess you'd call 'em.... ok, just double-checked Amazon, and it's the Gilmour 2-way hose connector. I'll share a pic here. I hope they work properly and don't leak, 'cause I'll need the ability to split off from my 'regular' hoses to my weeper/soaker hoses. Oh, and the weeper hoses are Gilmour as well. Does anyone have any experience with these? I've got one set up already, and that's how I learned that I'll need more. (I hate learning things the hard way!). So far, the one I've got laid out is working wonderfully, but of course it's only been a week or so. No leaking where I don't want it to, and it's holding the pressure very well. Are these supposed to be covered in mulch so ya don't see them? I know I'll have to bring them inside for the winter (that's just good tool care), and I have absolutely NO problem with that at all. What can you guys tell me about the use/placement of these things? I've never used them before and I feel like a complete idiot/newbie! ;)