Orchids: Awesome April Orchids, 2 by PinetopPlanter

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright PinetopPlanter

In reply to: Awesome April Orchids

Forum: Orchids

Back to post
Photo of Awesome April Orchids
PinetopPlanter wrote:
Jim, how great to collect palms! One time vacationing in florida I picked up a book on palms and was amazed at the variety. Some incredibly beautiful ones. Wonderful hypnotic patterning to the growth. I think I'd collect them as well if I was down South!

Elaine, I love the "wild" look, if I can call it that, of your phal. Must be more than a bit of schilleriana in it, no? Very nice.

At the SEPOS show I picked up a replacement for a plant I had when I was a teenager and really loved: Slc. Jewelbox 'Sheherazade.' I had bought it years ago from Jones & Scully and it used to bloom for me all the time just under lights in the bathroom. Wonderful plant that succumbed only when I went away to college and didn't take it with me. Here are a couple of photos with different lighting. This time I'm hoping to grow it to specimen proportions!

Speaking of Jones & Scully, I recently got my hands on a copy of their old 70's "Recommendations" catalogue, and have been having a ball looking at the old hybrids and remembering dreaming over the plants in that same catalogue when I was much (much) younger.