Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: New Container Gardening Area, 1 by speediebean

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright speediebean

In reply to: New Container Gardening Area

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of New Container Gardening Area
speediebean wrote:
That's actually a very good idea Frank, but there's a slight problem... I'm always such a problem child. =/ We're trying to be as "non-invasive" as possible with that fence since it's not really 'ours', but was installed and paid for by our neighbors behind us. It seems to me to be a bit of a sticky wicket, maybe more so than it really is. I keep thinking and thinking about that fence, since the time to act is nearly upon me. Yes, DH certainly could do that, but I'm still 'riding the fence' as it were. How 'invasive' do I really want to be with someone else's fence, even though it borders my own property? Would the screws necessarily have to be very long to install the shelves you're talking about? Ya know, long enough to poke through to the other side? If not, then that's a very good idea, and we've certainly got left-over lumber to do that, so I will propose that to DH. But I'm not sure about your proposed placement... I've had this idea in my head that I'd like the shelf thingies about a foot apart or so, that wooden hand-pump thing in between with a climber and some spilling/flowing flowers of some sort in it, and then the stuff up on the fence ... maybe above and on either side of the benches..?? What do you think? Or, should I just forget about the hand-pump out back and use it as a focal point in my biggest bed out front instead, and go with your idea out back? I'll add a pic of my biggest bed out front, maybe I could/should think of a spot there for that pump? I know I've been wanting a focal point there... Oh, and please ignore the lousy-looking "lawn", this picture is from last summer and the lawn is MUCH better now. =)

I appreciate the ideas!!!!!