Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: #14: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners , 1 by Sansai87

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Sansai87

In reply to: #14: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of #14: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners
Sansai87 wrote:
Mama Kay is making her Easter wreaths. She starts out with thorny potato briar vines for the symbolism and weaves in the long branches of Spirea. Then, adds azalea and whatever else looks good in the garden for color.
This is the first year I can recall when she had roses to work with. I don’t remember the orange blossoms, honeysuckles and roses ever reaching full bloom at the same time. I hope this is the start of something new and not just a fluke of the weather. The garden smells incredible!
Photo #1: A tangle of honeysuckle. Japanese and woodbine. They are actually choking out some seacane. I’m cheering for the honeysuckle team. It is my favorite noxious weed. .
Photo #2: Mystery rose. (a.k.a. the graveyard rose) All we know about it is that it was the rootstock rose for a Mr. Lincoln. It is what came up after a Mr. Lincoln was cut to the ground. It has a warm, heavy,spicy fragrance over the sharper rose scent. .
Photo #3: ‘Zepharine Drouhin’ from Debra. First year it has bloomed. Love the shade of pink. It has a sharper, cleaner scent than the mystery roses . It smells just like rose essential oil.
Photo #4: Owari orange blossom. The Owari Satsuma blooming this year was a surprise since we moved it only a few weeks ago. It apparently likes its new home in the front yard. “Flying Dragon’ Japanese hardy orange are blooming also.
~N~