Peonies: Peonies 2012, 1 by Cem9165

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Cem9165

In reply to: Peonies 2012

Forum: Peonies

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Peonies 2012
Cem9165 wrote:
Hopefully when it warms up, you'll be able to replace the lost fish. I had a 47 gallon tank for goldfish for about 7 years. It all started with a baby goldfish ( Robbie), that my DS won at summer camp when he was younger, and it started living in a 1 gallon tank, to a 5 gallon tank, and utimately the 47 gallon mansion, I mean tank, LOL, with his pals. After lots of money spent of food, medicine, cleaners, and chemicals to maintain the water, the ungrateful fish had the nerve to die. My DH thought I was nuts when I cried over Robbie, the first fish that we ever had died.

Today, spent hours in the garden, potted up the tree peonies, and planted my caladium bulbs. I wanted to share pictures of the two beds I created last spring for the peonies. The first two pics are the left bed, and the last two the right bed. I have to say that the peonies seem to love the soil here, they're doing better than peonies that I've had for years. As I've stated above, many of the newly planted tubers have buds, and some of my older peonies that I've had for several years I've never seen bloom. The edge of the bed is planted with daylilies, spring blooming bulbs further back, bearded irises in front of the peonies, and lilies behind, with clematis on the fence on either side.