Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012, 1 by DawnSong

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DawnSong

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012
DawnSong wrote:
Shirley, aren't Wendy and John the greatest. Jen is great too but she may not have been there Friday. Nice plants in those pics too.

Nev, a feast for the eyes as always. I do have your name (mentally) tagged on that plant. I got it not long before Christmas last year, so don't know how old it is or when it will start setting pups. I love it, very much a favourite.

I am so happy with my newbies this weekend. I don't know if those two you mentioned are Wendy's seedlings, but she will know. I really fell in love with them, particularly Hearts Music X Grace Darling. The fine coloured stripes are different and lovely.

And to finish it for the week, we went to the Beenleigh Markets this morning. The plants were not great, but a "stray" seller (one I haven't seen before) had this little darlin' which drew me in. I loved it as a pup, but then he showed me the mature plant in flower he had on display, and YES! Sold for $5. A beautiful little vriesea Saundersii. Oh, I've had a great weekend!

Karen