Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: March 2012 in like a lamb!, 1 by billyporter

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright billyporter

In reply to: March 2012 in like a lamb!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of March 2012 in like a lamb!
billyporter wrote:
45°/69°/54°
Sun and clouds mixed. Winds SE at 10 to 20 mph.

Will,
The wagon made a good planter for a year. And yep, everything is greening up and looking good. Especially the mums! That's the best thing about spring, anticipating the changes seeing what lived and all enjoying the new blooms!

What a horrible ending for the donkeys and those who have to round them up! We had a guy just outside of town who adopted five or six donkeys many many years ago. He learned to take a pair of pliers out with him because when they latch onto you, they won't let go.

About the only way to sit outside and stay there a little while, is to take a cup of coffee out with you so you have to sit and drink it.

Chickweed also provides early flowers, but I figure these things are in everyone's yard and they don't do yardwork. It makes me feel better about pulling mine.

For easy mowing, I'd leave the blond bricks and set rocks just behind them.

For the buckets of rocks, after you use them, plant something small, like deep blue lobelia or white alyssum (annuals) or acid yellow alyssum, or forgert me nots (perennials) between them. It will make both look good

All your pictures make me want to get outside and get busy, LOL!

A quiet weekend without the boys. My neighbor sent me home with a bouquet of Viburnum and lilac blossoms. They smell so nice! She cut a huge bouquet of daffodils, tulips and lilacs to decorate their church with.