Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening: Daily Pictures #93, 1 by mellielong

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright mellielong

In reply to: Daily Pictures #93

Forum: Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Daily Pictures #93
mellielong wrote:
Exciting news - I saw my first Zebra Longwing in over a year! Mom and I went to get our hair done this morning (I look fabulous, by the way) and on the way home she wanted to stop and see our old house. So we were stopped outside on the side road and through the fence I saw some lantana growing (it's invasive around here). Then, swoops in a Zebra Longwing to nectar on it! I'm so glad to see they're back - we had a couple of rough winters but with this one being so mild I was hoping they'd make it up here again.

In other news, I brought in four more Monarch cats; the butterfly was out there laying eggs so we should have a steady stream of the little guys. I wanna know where the Queen went and why she can't come lay more eggs, LOL! Also, my Giant ST is getting to be pretty good size. Check him out!

Also, my passiflora "Lavender Lady" is blooming! The Gulf Frits are eating it, but not too fast (for now). I haven't seen this plant bloom since I bought it; I was on vacation when it bloomed last year around this time. Check it out, too!

Melanie