Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012, 1 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012
works4me wrote:
Hi everyone,

More of the same here again today weatherwise … starts out nice and sunny, then gets cloudy and then scattered showers, just enough to be a real nuisance. More power cuts too … whinge, whinge, whinge !!!

I made my first foray into Facebook today (with a bit of help from Tash) … a bit daunting to a first timer who is not particularly computer savvy but I’ll get the hang of it. Wendy, Nev, Colleen, you should have received requests to be my ‘friend’ if I did it correctly. Karen, are you on facebook too? I hope you didn’t experience any problems on the bus today.

Nev, I will have to remember the name of that medication with flu season just about upon us. I hope your pneumonia is on the mend. Thank you for the ‘pat on the back’ … actually I only showed you the tidy bits, there are a couple of gardens that are quite overgrown at the moment, some of them with dreaded cobblers pegs more than a metre tall. Fortunately the crotons grow very easily here and grow from cuttings. Sometimes when I am feeling lazy and can’t be bothered potting up a cutting, I just stick it in the ground and these will often grow.

We are on 5 acres and love it but it takes a lot of looking after and some days it just seems overwhelming … especially in summer when the grass grows so quickly. As you say, we have plenty of room but never seem to get enough time for 'special projects' like the shadehouse makeover.

Colleen, one more sleep till Wendy’s sale and I’m really looking forward to it … Michael reckons I’m like a kid in a lolly shop when it comes to plant sales … don’t know which ones I want and don’t know when to stop. And no, we wont be taking a trailer but we do have a station wagon and I have lots of boxes and a few plastic bags too. No doubt you will hear about my purchases over the next few days.

Anyway, gotta go, getting late ... photo is of neo Justin's Song pup

Shirley