Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Yarden maintenance schedule for March, 1 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: Yarden maintenance schedule for March

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Yarden maintenance schedule for March
Gitagal wrote:
I hope the "World" wakes up and sees the benefits of Millorganite!
I sure am going to "push" it at my HD when I get out there. Shamelessly!
A 36lb. bag of this stuff sells for $12. 37 (I checked). The NPK ratio is: 5-2-0. (corrected from my earlier post).

With me--it is always HONESTY--and I think customers know when someone is "selling" something,
versus sharing the honest opinion of one's experiences and acquired knowledge on a product.

I have a bit of a queezy feeling that maybe the Scotts and VIgoro people may not like it....whoever they are!
Then again--one little ME is NOT going to topple an Industry giant!

As for all the "necessary" fertilizers--I usually stick with all the Espoma "Tones"....They are ALL organic.
Rose Tone--Bulb Tone--Holly Tone--Plant Tone--Lawn Tone (??), etc....

Well--You know--more and more people are shying away from the whole Chemical stuff.
Millorganite is totally Eco-Friendly. SO! To me that means that it is NOT going to hurt the waters of the Bay.
Nor your dog or cat if they eat some of it. I this true? Is that what "Eco Friendly" means????
I have to read the bag info....

Lets face it--everything we put on out lawns ends up as a run-off into the rivers and the tributaries--
which, eventually, run off into the Bay and affect all the grasses and kelp and all that....which affect
the fish and Crab and Mollusc populations in turn--as many of them feed on all the healthy grasses in the waters.
The over-fertilized water grasses grow to too thick a water cover--and cut off all the sunlight from the others.

I just don't want to see a summer when i can no longer enjoy a few crabs.....or local fish.....or Oysters----:o(

OK! I am getting off of my Soap Box! Phew! Gita