Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 106

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 106
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone.
I'll be glad when this darn daylight saving ends on the weekend. I can go back to getting up in daylight.
Dianne , I was careful not to overdo as I am very aware of my knee as I work. I go inside for a cuppa and a rest then tackle more later.
I have plenty of time as the weather looks like staying dry again for a while.
I planted a few of the small grasses and a buddlea out the front. Should be pretty later .
We have to wait on the local electrician to look at the hot water service to see what the problem is.
Hubby thinks it may be the element.
Its no fun having very cool showers. I am way past the stage of roughing it these days.
I want my hot shower.....

Anthony, that arrangement is very eye catching. I love the color combo.
Hope all is well down your end of the country. Give Cocky a scratch for me.

Dianne, lovely yellow rose. Hope you convince that horse that worm paste is tasty.
My salvias just get chopped off at whatever level I want. No finesse with me. Just chop. They grow back. If any dont like it or seem wimpy, they go for more hardier ones. You would be able to grow the tender ones in your sheltered garden.
I have quite a few coming into flower now that were cutting grown.

Chookie, it will be very interesting to see how your garden develops as you go. I know from my own experience how plans get altered as you work.

Teresa, hope all is well over your side of the big ditch.
How is Su gar behaving now ? She must be loving having Copper to play with and annoy with puppy antics.
Hope work is going well for you too.

Charleen, hope you had success with the worm past too. I bet Charley knows exactly what you are giving him.
I'll leave some nice cookies out for him as a reward.

Moon , what is going on in your garden at the moment. Lots of pretty spring flowers ?
Now we are sneaking up to winter, I wish for spring. here too.
Autumn is pretty though with all the colors. Thing is we dont get much color here as eucalypts are so dull.
My autumn trees shed leaves without getting much color this year. Not quite the right weather for them.

Karen, how are things up there ? Drying out a bit I hope.
I see the forecast is for even more rain in the Brisbane area. You wont have much of a dry season , more of a steamy season after all the wet.
Keep well.

Hello Chrissy and Colleen, enjoy your gardens.
Colleen, how is the memorial garden for Brian coming along ?

Louise , hello to you and Hank, pats for the girls. Hope all is well on your trip back to NH.

I am having a second cuppa this morning. I will wait until the sun warms things up a bit before I venture outside.
I am intending to tackle the bougainvillea today. I have decided not to cut the entire plant back, just the part inside the fence
It took ages to grow over the fence and looks lovely in flower.
I can chop all the inside and hopefully keep that part contained , while the outside part can go wild.
I am wondering what surprises I will find under the mess in the cottage garden area when its clear.
I have really let it do as it likes and forget half of what I had in there.
Resolution for me this year, keep the darn thing tidier.

Heres your morning tea nibbles....Banana Muffins
Enjoy the day.
Jean.