Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Peonies: Peonies 2012, 1 by SteveIndy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SteveIndy

In reply to: Peonies 2012

Forum: Peonies

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Peonies 2012
SteveIndy wrote:
See this peony.....took this just a few minutes ago....the one peony that was at the home I just bought....it is really moving along.....

Cem, I think you're right. I have spent a LOT of money there over the years and they strike me as an upstanding business. Will see what they say. Most of the ones that did sprout are weak looking. Bartzella looks nice as an exception but pretty sure there will be no blooms this year. My only other Itoh is Garden Treasure from Hollingsworth and it came up after Bart but growth is very strong and lots of shoots coming up. I thought about what you said about potting up the others and might do that just to see what happens. I made three lily orders...one for OT's from B&D, a second with mostly Orientals from B&D, and a mixed order from Lily Garden. Only the first has arrived yet. I planted three each of Paraguay, Belladonna (one of my favs), Dalian, Conca d'Or, and Gerez. I ordered three of Saltarello having had it in Texas and loved it....but was not in the box. So, will be writing B&D a note too. Orientals didn't work well in the TX heat but since Donna grows them so well I am gonna give them a try too this year.

This message was edited Mar 24, 2012 5:46 PM