Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012, 1 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012
works4me wrote:
oops ... I forgot to resize the photos ... another post out there in cyberspace somewhere !!! Guess I'll start over ....

Hello again, finally caught up with my reading …

Thanks Nev for organising the fine weather while we were away ... you did pretty well with your order. Apart from a showery Sunday, the rain held off until Wednesday arvo/evening, when it dropped more than 6 inches overnight and we made a hasty departure.

Also, I would really appreciate any info you have on grass pups if you wouldn't mind sending it to me, thanks.

I love the photos of the Nong Nooch Tropical Gardens. We actually visited the gardens in July 2010 and they are truly spectacular. I will try to find some of the photos we took.

Also, you must look after yourself and follow your Drs advice … that’s a pretty serious infection you have.

Hi also to Karen, Kristi, Jean and Jen and anyone else out there. Has anyone heard from Tash … I hope she has fully recovered by now.

Wendy, you posted while I was retyping and resizing. Very sorry to hear about your dad, you really are having a bad trot. Pleased to hear that everything worked out well in Hervey Bay and you are now back in Brisbane safe and sound, though you are probably totally exhausted. Like Nev, I like to think our loved ones go to a better place when they pass.

Anyway, our trip to Moore Park Beach went well. It is a lovely little place, very quiet, a great place if you are looking to vege out for a few days. As I said earlier, we were very lucky weatherwise. Hervey Bay copped torrential rain while we were there but it missed us altogether. It was raining in Brisbane when we left on Wednesday but cleared a little bit later and we had lovely fine and very hot days Thursday, Friday & Saturday. Saturday night we had rain and on Sunday we had showers which was disappointing as I was looking forward to the market … thought I might get some broms, but very few stall holders turned up to what is normally a very popular market.

On Monday we took a day trip up to Agnes Waters and Town of 1770. We were a little worried it might rain but it turned out to be another lovely day, as was Tuesday. Wednesday afternoon it started to rain and overnight Moore Park received more than 6”. We left Thursday morning to come home and were lucky to get through as the road between Moore Park and Bundaberg was underwater in several places.

Apparently Brisbane had a lot of rain while we were away so we were very lucky to get so much fine weather … thanks again Nev for putting in a good word. And that reminds me of Wendy's gum ... try wrapping it in foil after opening, that should stop any sweating.

Anyway, I’ll close with some photos …1st one is ‘the beachfront at Moore Park’, in front of the caravan park, the 2nd is ‘the kids playing on the beach’ … the big one is ours, the 3rd is ‘the Town of 1770 – Capt Cooks landing place’, the 4th and 5th are photos we took of Nong Nooch Gardens in 2010 … ‘one of the cacti gardens’ and one of an elephant made from small terracotta pots wired together. They have many of these sculptures, all of them brilliant.

Bye for now, Shirley