Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012, 1 by perke_patch

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright perke_patch

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012
perke_patch wrote:
hello all.
Nev look after yourself. Pneumnia is not a nice thing to have with the coughing etc. plenty of rest and stay warm. I love those pics you posted of Chanin's. I love the cascading usneoids. I think I might put some on the bottom of our circular tillandsia hanger so we can get that cascad effect. I also thought about those cryps on the heart and wondered how they would cope without a water supply. maybe a mini neo would handle the shape better. I'll have to see what I can do re a heart shape.
We took Emily's brians up to Hervey Bay and she gave the girl one to Uncle Paul cause they stayed at his place while up there and then gave the boy one to Aunty Pam for looking after grandad while he lived with her. The pot on top of both had a till tricolour in it and the one in the boy brian was nice enough to even throw up a flower spike so my sister was very pleased with it. It is now living on her verandah looking out to sea and Fraser Island. Hope it copes with the see breezes.

We had a last funeral today and the wake at the sporting club. It was a pretty good day but all I could think about was my box of new vriseas from Richard Harper. We gladly came home after lunch had a relaxing cuppa on the verandah (after we got changed of course) and then went downstairs and spent all afternoon potting up vriseas. There are some really nice ones which show good potential so Johnny is very pleased. Now we just have to find room to put them somewhere. I got Richard to send an extra box to our son Paul in Hervey Bay so he is looking forward to receiving his 5 vrisea seedlings too. Unfortunately they didn't arrive today so will be sitting somewhere all weekend locked up in a box. Itold Paul to give them a bit of sugar and water when he unpacks them on Monday (hopefully they will come then).

Pic is my new babies from Richard Harper. Just what we needed to come home to yesterday. a bit of sunshine on a rainy sad day.

Wendy