Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012, 1 by DawnSong

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DawnSong

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012
DawnSong wrote:
Nev, thank you for explaining all that. To answer your question, no I don't feed it at all, and because we've had a summer of cloud cover and lots of rain, I put the plant under cover so it wouldn't drown. This does mean less light. I thought it was better to lose some colour than to lose the plant to rot. I've had to do this with quite a few plants in the rain, and I've been lucky that none have rotted. However, they have lost colour. Apparently we can expect more cloudy and wet weather to come. So I can't see the plants regaining their colour now until Spring, as in Winter I get no sun here at all.

I'd like to see Hallelujah double in size next season, so may cut through the rizome, as you described. Even green, it is still a beautiful plant. I hope all my bills will grow so well.

Karen

I have a mystery plant here, about the size of a Fireball. I know its hard to get names for many hybrids, but someone may recognize it. It will eventually get a lot more pink through it like the mother plant shown in the second picture.