Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012, 1 by perke_patch

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright perke_patch

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012
perke_patch wrote:
I posted a message last night with some photos but it isn't here. Computers with a mind of their own. Last nights message included that we have all those minis in Nev's pics posted yesterday.

Nev having Master's as well as Bunnings hasn't improved the care of plants in their gardening sections. If anything the quality of broms in our Bunnings has definately deteriorated. But we saw a batch of guzmanias at Masters that were in a spot where the midday sun shon straight down through the open roof and burned them all. They didn't reduce the price until they were way too far gone to save. It seems that Masters is signing exclusivity contracts with companies like Wattyl (paints) who have demanded that Bunnings remove all their products. So the only thing that will cause is that we will not be able to obtain all our regular products in one spot. Some will be alligned to Bunnings while others will only be available in Masters. They do both promise to match prices on same products and if we took Masters or Bunnings catalogues to other store and showed an item they will beat that advertised price.

Jen so glad you and Nev had a great day. Now I can't wait for you to get home. Oh by the way I have a lovely black quesnelia here potted up and settling in. It didn't look happy sitting under your clothes line without any mix around it. Buck must be missing you. When he heard me rattling the chain at the gate he raced around the side to see if it was you home but when he saw it was only me he sulked back to wherever he had been lying. I didn't even see him again.

Karen I'm sorry about your troubles with the bus company. I agree with everyone else that you should put in an official written complaint and send a copy of the letter to the paper. Outline your health issues and state that the trek up the hill always brings on angina attacks and you believe that one day it will cause you to have another heart attack. It certainly wouldn't hurt to include the local members seeing there is an election campaign on. Don't forget to state that the majority of the drivers are very nice, friendly and helpful .... the few bad ones give the others a bad image.

I have tillandsias flowering everywhere at the moment including he ionantha up the tree. there is little pink buds appearing everywhere up the branch (pic 2). There is also a tenufolia montana flowering (pic 1)

I'm having the girls sleepover again tomorrow night so I better get an early night tonight to prepare.

Night all
Wendy