Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012, 1 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MARCH 2012
works4me wrote:
Hi all,

I'm still here too Nev ... just a bit too early for me, I'm afraid. The photos you posted are absolutely gorgeous.

The Woolies super store you mention who are taking on Bunnings are Masters. We have one here already and some of their products are cheaper than Bunnings and others are not. As for competition ... Bunnings wont stock any brands that Masters have so its not really 'apples for apples' so to speak. We used to buy water filters at Bunnings and the last time we went to buy them we were told "we are not stocking that brand any more as Masters are selling them, but this one, brand x, is better and cheaper." Well, we bought brand x and it was absolute 'crap' so from now on, we will just buy our water filters at Masters, where we can buy the tried and true brand we have always used.

Masters have a lovely big garden centre and very helpful staff, though not as many as when they opened last year and Bunnings staff numbers have decreased dramatically so I guess they are hurting a bit.

Karen and Tash ... hope you are in recovery mode and up and about again.

Wendy ... good buy with the paint. Typically, we bought paint a few weeks ago and it was very expensive. That's the norm for us ... pay full price today only to find it heavily discounted in a couple of weeks time. Ahh, that's life !!!

Attached photo is another of my NOIDs ...

See ya, Shirley