Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: #14: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners , 3 by Sansai87

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Sansai87

In reply to: #14: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of #14: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners
Sansai87 wrote:
Debra, your tea olive should arrive by Saturday.
We are all okay, but incredibly busy. This is the first time I’ve had a chance to play on the computer in days. We need to start doing our writing first thing in the morning. We are all too exhausted by evening. The weather is so gorgeous even PJ is spending hours outside without any prompting. (He always enjoys it once he gets outside, but you have to push sometimes to get him further than the porch.) Every day he drives the lawn mower around with the wagon behind armed with his long handled grabber tool. He picks up pine cones and other small debris the recent storms brought down and drops them in the wagon. It works well. MK and I have been repairing the erosion damage and leveling. We hope to have the Invisible Garden (fragrance garden) completely leveled by the end of the month. I take PJ’s w/c out for test drives. I’ve learned that even when something looks level, it doesn’t always feel quite right when using a w/c, I’ve also learned propelling a manual w/c is not as easy as it looks…and why PJ always wears gloves when he uses the chair. (Ouch!)
The two new weeping willows are in the ground. (The boys insist on calling them “whomping willows. Too much Harry Potter. lol.) The persimmons are in large pots until we are all in agreement as to where they should go. The shamrocks haven’t popped up yet for some reason. Hope they make it by St. Patty’s Day.
Photo #1: A hairy woodpecker, I think. It could be a downy woodpecker. They look a lot alike. She has been at that tree for days. Either she has found something woodpeckers consider delicious or she is making a house for herself.
Photo 2: Officially, these are called green anoles, but most people refer to them as lizards. I found FOUR of them sunning on an old molded plastic chair I repainted. At least, THEY liked my color choice. .) We have an unusual number of lizards, anoles and skinks. I suppose because we don’t use pesticides.
Photo #3: First Einstein daffodil bloom of the season.