Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Bulbs: BLOOMING BULBS 2012, 1 by LeawoodGardener

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright LeawoodGardener

In reply to: BLOOMING BULBS 2012

Forum: Bulbs

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BLOOMING BULBS 2012
LeawoodGardener wrote:
Thanks, Annette. The bed of mixed Mayflowering tulips (saved from last year's display in the big bed) are now coming up in a bed by the columns in my border. They are fairly far along (this photo is from last Saturday).

The large bed of 'Olympic Flame' tulips and 'Purple Sensation' allium are emerging slower, but I'm not sure why. I chose the 'Olympic Flame' tulips because they are one of the latest blooming varieties and I hope to have both the allium and tulips blooming at the same time.

The yellow 'Mrs. John Scheepers' tulips that were in the large bed two years ago and by the columns last year are now part of the border, and they are emerging nicely.

We've had unusually warm weather so far and today we may get some rain, which will probably stimulate growth everywhere.

The 'Tete-a-Tete' narcissus have been in the border for 5 years. They were originally in pots of bulbs I forced to use in the iron garden urns around the yard. The last two photos below show how they looked in the border last year. I apologize for the messy border garden - I'd had a heart attack in January and had not yet cleaned out the bed from the previous fall.