Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Brugmansias in Autumn......promise of things to come., 1 by cestrum_SEQ

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright cestrum_SEQ

In reply to: Brugmansias in Autumn......promise of things to come.

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Brugmansias in Autumn......promise of things to come.
cestrum_SEQ wrote:
chrissy100 wrote:cestrum it never crossed my mind that your suaveolens was a cross, that would probably explain it

But the idea came from you, Chrissy! I remember you saying that it looked like a hybrid because of its longer tendrils compared with your suaveolens, which you knew was a pure (or almost pure) suaveolens. So from then I assumed that it was a hybrid--ie a white suaveolens crossed with some other brug. (Not by me, so the other brug could have been anything, not limited to what I have/had in my garden.) Wouldn't call it a 'clone' in that case, as it has been bred out with something else. Is it not correct to then call it a hybrid? As for the yellow, that could have come from Aztec Gold I imagine ...

Also, it may not be a first-generation cross, which I think is what Lucas was alluding to?

This message was edited Mar 6, 2012 5:21 PM