Central Midwest Gardening: March 2012 in like a lamb!, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: March 2012 in like a lamb!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of March 2012 in like a lamb!
shortleaf wrote:
I took some photos of where I plan to put all the rocks I got. I'll probably stop doing that eventually, getting free rocks is against the law I think, a friend says I'm going to jail if I keep doing it, he's just teasing me, he's a rock stealer himself, he was telling me a good place to get Shale rocks. Anyway, it looks like I got enuff rocks to do maybe half right now. These rocks look so much better than just black landscape edging. I'm not taking the edging up, it needs to be there to keep the mulch in, I'm just covering the edging up with rocks. I plan to put rocks on the inside of the edging too but I want to put down weedblock first in there. I took a photo of them before I unloaded them out of the car, I think that was the first time I had passengers in the backseat, buckets of rocks, 3 buckets in the front and 5 buckets in the back! I knew I'd find a use for empty kitty litter jugs!

I downloaded some more pics from the 16 megabyte internal memory of my camera to the computer, so I just wanted to share another 2 geese photos from way up on a hill we climbed at Squaw Creek NWR, all the white is geese. My old camera is pretty wimpy on the memory card, it's only 256 megabytes, most new cameras hold much more, 4 or 8 gigabytes, about 16 or 32 times as much as mine.
That is the main parking area for onlookers, there's maybe 5 cars there, not many visitors to the park. It is only 5 minutes or so West of I-29 in or near Mound City, Mo. Lots of picnic tables but there is no camping there. If I'd known that climb way up was so steep, I don't think I'd have done it, you almost need a rope to tie to everybody in case somebody falls! But, the view from up there was spectacular.
Oh, and there is definitely no hunting there, if you get out a gun just plan on going to jail! They do have managed hunts there at certain times though. That water in the back is like the water suppty to drain and fill the water basin at certain times of the year I think.

This message was edited Mar 3, 2012 12:17 AM