Perennials: Annual Poppies #2, 2 by kosk0025

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright kosk0025

In reply to: Annual Poppies #2

Forum: Perennials

Back to post
Photo of Annual Poppies #2
kosk0025 wrote:
My average last frost date is also late, around mid-May. I sometimes get into trouble putting things out a little early. But I'm getting better at figuring out what can really handle the frost and what can't from trial and error mainly. I used to do this all indoors---watering was difficult. The hose in the greenhouse has helped so much. I worry about my greenhouse eventually developing an infection or something. But nothing yet. There are some automatic vents to help with air circulation and my heater also has a fan. Probably my biggest expense now is paying for heat. My husband's jaw dropped a little with the January electric bill. But having these enormous bougainvilleas blooming in my sunroom right now (moved them inside the house) was worth the cost to heat it for me!! I overwintered them in the greenhouse before moving them inside (I recently ran out of space for them out there). Sorry----I totally went off topic there.

Back to poppies......second pic is Hungarian blue breadseed poppy. I really loved those last year.