Photo by Melody

Mid-South Gardening: March, 2012!! Spring has sprung (or is springing-maybe). , 4 by Riverland

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Riverland

In reply to: March, 2012!! Spring has sprung (or is springing-maybe).

Forum: Mid-South Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of March, 2012!!  Spring has sprung (or is springing-maybe).
Riverland wrote:
Jeri I am sore today mostly my hands from pulling weeds. I got a long bed clean today and about 15 bales of straw put out. My caladiums came in yesterday too. I got a big box of end of season clearance amaryllis and 100 daffs today. I will have to get busy potting the caladiums , amaryllis and putting out the daffs. I still don't have everything to mix my dirt for my caladiums. You know you wait for all this stuff and it comes in all at once. Are you going to pot your caladiums or put them straight in the ground?
I am bad to jump around too but I am trying to discipline myself this year so at least some of it looks finished. Usually when I am cleaning up a bed I think I need to thin something then I'm off to another bed to put it somewhere. I transplanted some mondo grass today but that's all I allowed myself to move.

Charlotte hope things were bearable for Jeff today. I hope his dad is comfortable with the morphine. Bless you for all that you are doing too.
Elaine remembering your friend and her family.

Sandra hope I can find that book in audio.

Marilyn I love you pictures especially the daff. I had a couple different ones blooming today but the wind was blowing and I couldn't get a very good photo.

The last photo I have forgotten the name of this bush but this is the first time it has bloomed and has been in the ground about 5 years. Very slow grower. See all the winter weeds in my lawn. My husband actually used a lawn service this year that was supposed to help prevent all these weeds. So much for that.