Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Whats happening in your neck of the woods? Pronostications , 1 by JBerger

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright JBerger

In reply to: Whats happening in your neck of the woods? Pronostications

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Whats happening in your neck of the woods? Pronostications
JBerger wrote:
I am amazed you all have so much blooming already. I found the crocus beside the big bard finally up about an inch. The daffs in the field are coming up but not starting to bud yet thank God or if we have a freeze I will loose them. The little wild snow drops are up and blooming. That just happened this week. It is about 60 here today but the wind is out of the West and cold. I saw some beautiful yellow snow drops above and they are adorable. Are they domestic or wild? The daffs beside the one building are showing buds. Some other spring bulbs are beginning to show but I can not tell what they are since they are so small. The black pussy Willows are beginning to show signs of life.
The catkins on the regular pussy willow are pushing out. But nothing like you all have.

The Amish always said the date of the first snow is how many snows we will have. Well, they are way off this year but maybe not since they are in PA and I am in NJ. We have about 20 more snows to come before we catch up with them. It snowed on the 26th of Oct. this year. Who knows? We had enough last year for the next ten years as far as I am concerned. I love this warm winter weather.