Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: New Container Gardening Area, 1 by speediebean

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright speediebean

Subject: New Container Gardening Area

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of New Container Gardening Area
speediebean wrote:
Good morning all. So, I was thinking... (which is often dangerous)... I'd mentioned in the Shady Garden area that it's about time I tackled my back yard, which is mostly shady. I got loads of wonderful ideas from some wonderful people (thank you very much!). Well, as I'm sure most of you can understand, I went to bed last night with visions of ideas rampaging through my head like a herd of elephants.... and had an epiphone! I've got this "interesting" looking fence across my back yard, separating us from the neighbors behind us. (shown in the picture). Well, in the "New Year's Resolution" thread, Catbird shared a really cool picture of a fence using adorable gardening boots as planters, attached to a similar fence. I, personally, am "into" watering cans... so, why couldn't I do the same thing along my fence with lightweight plastic watering cans?? I'll have to get out there today and measure the length of fence that I want to cover, but so far I think I'll be working with about 15 feet or so. The next, fun, part will be to scour the area for cheap plastic watering cans... cute ones, maybe kiddie ones. So, the question is, do any of you have any experience with using watering cans as containers.. HUNG UP on a wall/fence? I'm just wondering how I'll be attaching them. Any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Susan