Photo by Melody

Pacific Northwest Gardening: Plantaholics unite! Introduce yourself please., 1 by kosk0025

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright kosk0025

In reply to: Plantaholics unite! Introduce yourself please.

Forum: Pacific Northwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Plantaholics unite! Introduce yourself please.
kosk0025 wrote:
Welcome, Ponditis and Lauribob. I'm Stephanie. I'm 37 years old. Married with 3 boys, ages 3, 5, and 7. 2 acres. I'm obsessed with starting things from seeds---I love the miracle. I'm also accruing quite a few roses. I love perennials, vines, and bulbs, too. I love growing vegetables and berries. Planning to make my own wine in a couple of years with my pinot noir grapes. We also have a small fruit orchard. I was a primary care doctor, but I decided to retire and take care of my boys. It broke my heart to bring my first son to daycare, and I couldn't get used to it.

I like a cottage garden look, but I also like formal gardens. I love pink, purple, yellow, and white flowers. I'm working to add some red beds, too.

I love to cook with my homegrown veggies. We have an outdoor wood fired oven, and when you roast veggies in it from the garden, it is incredible. We also make a lot of pizzas in it, plus salmon.

We have 7 chickens, and I'm adding more this spring.

I also love to sew, and right around September I usually quit gardening and make myself a fall/winter wardrobe.

We are also an avid skiing family. I think life in Oregon is perfect, because sometimes I ski and garden on the same day.

Pics: The website would not allow me to upload more than a couple at once for some reason, so these will be fragmented.
1--me and my brood
2--Me as a little girl (i'm the smaller one)---both of my grandmothers (and my mother) had amazing gardens. I'm at a grandmother's house here. I think that is a healthy clematis vine in the background.
3--some of my crop. This I turned into salsa which I canned, and we are still eating it.
4--I love my boys. First day of school pic last September
5--Our chicken coop. Hard to find plants to put in the bed surrounding it that the chickens will not eat when they are allowed to free range (They really love hollyhocks and sweet alyssum unfortunately). 2 fatalities from an owl last fall, so they don't get to free range very often anymore.