Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: January 2012- Happy New Year!!!, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: January 2012- Happy New Year!!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of January 2012- Happy New Year!!!
shortleaf wrote:
Hi all,
I'm gonna try to campaign to do that plumbing job if I can. What it is, is all that 4 inch cast iron black pipe he says is shot. He showed me a few spots for example, you can tell it's in need of repair. He showed where some parts were so corroded and rusted you could poke your finger thru it. I've already asked her if I can do it, she has a point, it might take me a long time, and the bathrooms would probably be down for many days under my stead, which wouldn't be good for anybody.

I think only a big old Mimosa could've been here when she moved in here in 96'. The others are probably it's offspring. Mimosas grow fast and they only have a lifespan of 25 or 30 years. The biggest one is probably about to step off. They are real prolific from seed, they sprout up like grass in the yard. Actually, I hope the biggest one lives a while longer because it's got this cool Vinca Minor growing up it. I'd gladly get a photo of the big Mimosa in bloom, it is pretty I admit. I'll insert a photo of it and the Vinca I took last year. The big branch with the white showing, the bark is gone there, (the second branch from the right) is dead, that might not be a good sign for the tree, the whole thing is probably on it's way out. Thanks Pepper, I have already cut one bigger limb that was hanging way down. She is really onto the plants back there, every since a lawnmowing buffoon guy cut down a mature flowering Wisteria vine that she just loved. She is onto me pretty well in the yard, she knows I do stuff back there on occasion and she wants to know what! It IS her yard and I try not to upset her or I'll be living in a box of the cardboard variety. But yeah, I think she'd be okay with that kind of trimming.

Haha! A Squiggy?! Somebody used to watch Laverne and Shirley! I think my tank right now at 10 gallon might be too small to have 2 lizards, I might upgrade someday to a larger tank.
Will