Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: January 2012- Happy New Year!!!, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: January 2012- Happy New Year!!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of January 2012- Happy New Year!!!
shortleaf wrote:
Wow, go giants! I like the Giants too, just because it'd be nice to see Eli Manning come out of the shadow of his brother, Peyton.

Thanks for the vote of confidence on my plumbing skills, billyp. The real plumbers came today and gave an estimate of $2,000, which is always nice!

Oh, that lizard's name is Lenny! He or she is doing good! That lizard is fat with crickets. You should see him, his belly is sticking way out! If you were to cut him open right now, I bet there'd be 10 crickets in his belly!

It's not the leaves of the Mimosa's, even tho they're everywhere (and seedpods). It's a small to medium sized tree and the bad part is it branches so low, it's like half the crown is on the ground! You can't mow grass around it without constantly pushing branches out of the way. It takes up a lot of space for a smallish tree, and there's four of them in the backyard! Hummingbirds like the flowers and the flowers are long-lasting and pretty and fragrant I guess, needless to say, I won't be cutting them, I'd be in big trouble if I did!

Well, I actually did something related to plants today! I potted up an Ivy 'primadonna' from the 4" plastic pot it came in into a regular hanging planter. I'm like "houseplant Harold" or something, I've really been tempted by houseplants this Winter!

Your favorite was Hazelnuts? I always liked Pecans myself.

I want to get some skinny bulbs but we're all supplied up with the fatter bulbs for now. I put my finger on the big bulb to see how hot it got, it gets warm but nothing like an incandescent bulb.