Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Perennials: Gaura questions, 1 by warriorswisdomkathy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright warriorswisdomkathy

In reply to: Gaura questions

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Gaura questions
warriorswisdomkathy wrote:
Hi, hope you don't mind I just popped in. I got some new guara last fall, (variegated), so I saw the question and found some goodies to suggest. I have suggestion for around the feet to tall, you get to look them up tho. Most are pink and some white, and a few purples. For the ground area: Geranium "Cheryl's Shadow", chocolate foliage, light pink flowers, 6-10", m-aug.; Osteospermum, (P) white and purple backside, or light lavender, (A) there are all sorts of colors lt orange to Dazzling white, pink purples and yellows, Both of these bloom all season; Penstemon "Red Rocks", 15", pink, all season bloom; Platycodons, w, b or pink, 12 or 30"; Hemerocalis Stella Purple; Hedysarum, pink,fragrant; Gypsophila repens, (P), baby's breath, 6" pink, mine bloom heavy in the sp and e. sum., and lightly the rest of the summer: Veronica s., many var. 6-18", w, b, or pink: Salvia n., w, b, or pink; Echinacea, Magnus or dbl. top; Geraniums there are many that bloom all season (P); Campnulas from Glomeratas, Lactifloras, Latifolias and Persicifolia from w to lt lav. or dk. purples, from 6"-40"; Verbascum phoenicium, spr. and lt. sum., w, lt and dk pink or purple (I have seeds or plants I could share for postage); Scabiosa, w, lt. lav. or pink; Yarrow m.; Coreopsis rosea "Heaven's Gate", cherry pink, 16X18", Jn-Sept.;

And now some taller: Lavatera "Barnsley"; Rodgersia; Cimicifuga racemosa, 50"X15", Jn-Sept., Veronicastrum sibericum, 48-72"X36" w, b or pink; Aster latheriflorus "Lady in Black", 36"X36", (pretty); Aruncus dioicus; Phlox p.: Sidalcea; Eupatorium white or pink; Monarda fistulosa, lav/pink; Hibiscus mochatus, w, r or pink; Aconitum h. "Spark's Variety", Jly-Sept., 30-50"X12"; Boltonia asteroides, w or pink, 36"-60"X36"-60"; Eupatorium rugosum "Chocolate", purple-red leaves, wht flwrs, 36"ish; Aruncus dioicus Child of two Worlds; Astilbe; Filipendula Venusta, sum-fall; Limonium latifolium, 36", purple haze, good filler in bouquets; Chrysanthemum Herbsterne, white, A-Oct., 48"X48".

Just a few ideas, hope you might find a few goodies. Kathy

Pix is Campanula persicifolia. Enjoy.