Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Carnivorous Plants: Nepenthes mirabilis, 1 by tropicbreeze

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright tropicbreeze

Subject: Nepenthes mirabilis

Forum: Carnivorous Plants

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Nepenthes mirabilis
tropicbreeze wrote:
Thought I'd share these photos. I was given a Nepenthes mirabilis the other day. It was being kept down south but it's a lowland species so was having a difficult time. The owner, an avid carnivorous plant enthusiast, decided it would be better off with me. Not that I know much about Nepenthes anyway, so now I'm on a steep learning curve.

It's come at a good time, we're in the monsoon season and I've hung it where it gets the spray from rain. Already I've fed 3 of the pitchers with mosquitos (one each). There's some other smaller pitchers but I'll let them fend for themselves.

The plant is quite small apparently because it has been barely surviving the winter and by the time it had recovered somewhat, the winter was back again. So I'm hoping it'll get a lot bigger now. It came in sphagnum moss so I potted it up with that and added some coconut coir to fill the pot. It's hanging where it'll get filtered morning sun and shade in the afternoon.

Close up.