Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropicals & Tender Perennials: Tropical Plants and Gardens #116, 1 by dyzzypyxxy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright dyzzypyxxy

In reply to: Tropical Plants and Gardens #116

Forum: Tropicals & Tender Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Tropical Plants and Gardens #116
dyzzypyxxy wrote:
Thanks, Drew. I have hopes for this winter to not get cold too many more nights. Mango stood up to at least 3 nights that went down near 40-ish.

I do have many cuttings of Monster White - which grew to it's huge size from a cutting I got from Debra in April! - with good roots already going, so if you'd like to plant a hedge of white-flowered Brugs, I can supply you with starts. Pruned the thing back because I couldn't reach over it to put on the frost cloth, and . . well, you just can't throw away perfectly good cuttings, can you? It would thrive in those low spots that flooded in your garden last summer. Loves lots of water!

Alice, I was on the C & H website today looking for Cymbidiums that are heat-tolerant, and they have some so I put them on my wish list that my daughter keeps. Had hoped there would be a nursery in Florida that had them but I have yet to find them. We may be heading up that way this summer, so I will put it on my "let's stop" list.

Here's the white Cym I got at the orchid show 10 days ago. These buds are opening painfully slowly!!