Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropicals & Tender Perennials: Tropical Plants and Gardens #116, 1 by dyzzypyxxy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright dyzzypyxxy

In reply to: Tropical Plants and Gardens #116

Forum: Tropicals & Tender Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Tropical Plants and Gardens #116
dyzzypyxxy wrote:
Alice, that does look like a fascinating nursery. We used to make it over to Miami at least once a year for a sailing regatta, but haven't gone the last couple of years. (we call the East Coast of Florida the "Dark Side" for various reasons - well, it does get dark there first . .. ) We also have gone on a couple of cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale but usually don't stop to do shopping on the way to and fro.

On the way down to the Keys there are literally hundreds of nurseries especially in the Homestead area, and I've wanted to stop, but knew it would be futile with DH tagging along. Plus we'd have to shop on the way home so the plants wouldn't come on vacation with us. Generally we're exhausted after a regatta or holiday, so stopping to shop for plants just hasn't happened. I need to get more assertive about that, obviously.

On the other hand, I'm not finding any shortage of plants to buy . . . have you been to one called Carter and Holmes, in Newbery SC? http://www.carterandholmes.com

This message was edited Jan 18, 2012 3:31 PM