Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Rural Gardening: Feeling low...visit with friends..just what I needed!, 1 by Eufaula

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Eufaula

Subject: Feeling low...visit with friends..just what I needed!

Forum: Rural Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Feeling low...visit with friends..just what I needed!
Eufaula wrote:
I have been under the weather for so long. Flu and Bronchitis , all the while trying to get to work everyday. I was just so worn out. Got where the only thing I wanted to do was work and get home to feed my 11 chickens and go to bed. Some time as early as 5:30. Got into a rut... didnt want to go anywhere....was finding my bed was my haven!! NOT good! Winter blahs turning into Winter Blues!
So the sun was shining today, Chilly but not cold! I called Friends who raise Chickens...all kinds and varieties. Some for show most pets. They had rescued my cages and Chickens at a show one day last Fall when I was called away for a Family emergency. I was so busy driving back and forth to my Parents home(125 miles away) and the hopital that I just couldnt take care of my 100 or so Chickens. So these friends and others fostered in or adopted my birds. I just now got to where I could go and get the cages.
While I was there I toured their little farm and was amazed at all the varities and coops of Fowl. So much fun!! I was introduced to a most gorgeuos solid white French Maran Roo. Both his parents were French Copper Black Marans. He was considered a "Sport". He was bred to 2 Cuckoo Marans and they produced a pair of beautiful Wheaten Hens. He was bred back again to the Wheatens and they are now producing White as well as other Maran colors. Maybe not Show Quality because of non-pure strains but oh what gorgeous birds.
When I started to leave they offered a dozen and a half assorted eggs for hatching. It made me so happy! I now haveFrench Black Copper Maran, White maran, Cuckoo Maran and Buff Brahma eggies. The photo "bleaches" out how truly dark these eggs are.