Photo by Melody

Canadian Gardening: What's happening in your neck of the woods .. 2012 :-), 1 by fancyvan

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright fancyvan

In reply to: What's happening in your neck of the woods .. 2012 :-)

Forum: Canadian Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What's happening in your neck of the woods ..  2012   :-)
fancyvan wrote:
Looks like winter out there this morning although there is not much in my part of town, expect the streets were slippery, lots of ice still on the sides. The wind is cold though and I am not going to walk the dogs.

ASR has a fund raiser at an agility show this coming weekend so those of us who sew( 3) have been busy making beds - we had lots of small and medium but no large and they sell well at this show. I keep all the fabric in my basement, Joan and I cut out lots of fabric early in December, then I cut out the polyfill and trim and pin them and they are ready to sew. They are pretty simple beds, I am always checking out fleece to find neat patterns, not that the dogs care but the owners do, and put denim or corduroy on the reverse. There is a small group who really like the old style camo patterns so a couple of years ago I found some at an online fabric store in US and bought 10 meters - almost used up, half the price I would pay here if I could find it. I also always look for colored denim which is hard to find, better sometimes to look for heavy cord. The polyfill is also expensive since I buy the heaviest and double it so I don't buy it except when it goes on a 50% off sale. Used to happen every month, not so frequent now, I was out Jan 2 to get some. The beds on the left in the pic are ready to sew, not sure if I will get them done by the weekend but we will have lots. I put an extra board in the kitchen table and set up there, nicer than sewing in the basement!