Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: January 2012- Happy New Year!!!, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: January 2012- Happy New Year!!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of January 2012- Happy New Year!!!
shortleaf wrote:
Anybody want to see something funny? Check out this coupon that I got from toyotanation.com where I've been trying to find out some stuff about my car.
That coupon says, "buy 2 tires, get 2 free". Which looks like a great deal until you read more further on down, which says with "premium installation".
Just curious, what's that mean? They put the lugnuts on tight?! lol I'm easily amused! haha!

Man, it needs to start getting cold here! I put some Elephant Ears, my Tropicanna and some other plants that need to go dormant in the garage for the Winter and their not gonna do it if it is always this warm! I'm hoping their not needing water right now! And I noticed some planted stuff outside has buds on them!

I remember I was excited about seeds I had coming other years, I'm usually not disappointed with seeds. Seeds coming in the mail seem to always have a little, (okay a lot) of consideration for me that the seeds might be bad and not sprout for some reason. One thing that I was so disappointed in from seedrack was the lack of letting it be known that the majority of seeds that I got from them had not been stratified yet. Which meant that they couldn't be planted right away with the intent of having a sprouted plant that Spring. The vast majority of my seeds from them shoulda been put directly in the fridge right after receiving them in the mail so they MIGHT sprout by August, depending on when their received in the mail of course. Unfortunately for me, I planted most of my seeds in pots before I realized that. So, now I have a bunch of black pots in the garage full of dirt and seeds!

This message was edited Jan 6, 2012 1:02 AM