Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Leaf raking and mulching in Zone 6 ...?, 1 by orchidfancy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright orchidfancy

In reply to: Leaf raking and mulching in Zone 6 ...?

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Leaf raking and mulching in Zone 6 ...?
orchidfancy wrote:
I think that a garden is in perpetual motion , you put things in one place one year , then you realize that you would like somewhere else better. This year i discovered that the butterfly bushes that were destroyed when the sidewalk was built had reseeded themselves in some of the flower beds . so I will be relocating them between my house and the yard next door. In the meantime I had bought two , they will be going there too, perfect privacy screen , adding beauty to privacy and the butterflies love it.My vegetable beds have to move , the holly tree is shading them too much I need to do something about it , and the tree peonies need to move too , they are baked to death by the driveway. I need to move them while they are dormant. I have a lot to do this year during the winter in the garden.

This is what my front yard looked like after the sidewalk was build and I redone all the flower beds. I should have taken some pictures later when the yard was in full bloom but I got involved with other things.