Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Clematis: Clematis chat for 2012 - Happy New Year!, 1 by pirl

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright pirl

In reply to: Clematis chat for 2012 - Happy New Year!

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Clematis chat for 2012 - Happy New Year!
pirl wrote:
Marilyn - You haven't even glanced at any clematis sites, Marilyn? It's fun to look and decide we have enough...and then will come one we have to fit in somehow.

John - I feel the same way about roses. The only one that performs beautifully is The Paul Mc Cartney Rose. Others limp along as though I were torturing them. I do remove every bud by July 3rd when the JB's invade here. We have two Knock Out Rainbow roses that Jack bought (was talked into is more like it) and they don't thrill me at all. I do have one rugosa, Therese Bugnet, and the aroma is powerful. It reminds me of Cape Cod so it will always be in the rose garden but I've added some fragrant lilies and other plants so I may refer to it as the Fragrant Garden rather than showing off the poorly performing roses.

There are two areas that will need replanting here and maybe some clematises to match the hydrangeas. It's an imaginary garden/sitting area in my mind right now since it's covered with black plastic to kill any remaining Houttuynia cordata 'Chameleon' roots I may have missed. Maybe I should start a new craze on Black Plastic as Art Expression? Looking at it daily, from the kitchen windows, almost makes Florida look good to me for the winter.

Here's part one of "The View" - I bet not one person is jealous!