Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: It's offical , 1 by HollyAnnS

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright HollyAnnS

In reply to: It's offical

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of It's offical
HollyAnnS wrote:
It use to be like that here at our house. I think we may have had close to 30 at one time. It was back in the days when we had horses and people would drop off cats and kittens at our house. Once even a whole litter of puppies. Try to explain to young children that no they can't keep 7 cute little fur balls. Back then we could order our own rabies shots and when they would come in to eat I would give them all their shots. I use to mark the white ones tails with a black marker as there were several that just looked too much alike to be sure. The local Paws chapter would neuter them for us free of charge. Over the years people stopped dropping them off. I guess with the horses gone we didn't look as attractive as before. Since they were all neutered there weren't more litters and over time the group slowly diminished. They all became pretty tame over time even a very wild one that looked like it had been caught in a leg trap. Between the barn and the crawl space under our house they had plenty of warm comfortable spots to spend their days. Back then I didn't feed the birds at all. LOL
Bubbles who died last year was the last of that group of cats. She came from under the neighbors house her Mother got hit by a car and left 3 very young kittens. Jen & Josh found, caught, and hand fed them.