Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts January 2012, 1 by splinter1804

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright splinter1804

In reply to: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts January 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts January 2012
splinter1804 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks for starting the new thread Tash; I don't know what we'd do without you and the others who understand this infernal electronic stuff. I like your group shot, especially the plants at top left and right and bottom centre. Do they have names or are they orphans?

The temp here's pretty comfortable Colleen so no need for air-conditioners, we just use the ceiling fans and open the windows and doors. I'll be in touch in a couple of weeks for a weather report over there; I'll wait until Australia Post settles down again after the "silly season" and I'll get those plants off to you as I promised. What about you Tash, will you be ready to take yours in a couple of weeks also?

Did some culling of some 5"pot size seedlings today, 1/2 filled the green waste bin and it really hurt as I hate throwing away plants, but then we can't keep them all as I must have about 5-6000 babies coming along and in another year they will have to go somewhere also.

I'm sorting out all the excess plants and I'm going to have my annual sale in Feb. while all the Neo's are still coloured up. I'm keeping it simple this year, just two prices $5 and $10. Prices for the bigger plants can be negotiated at a later date.

Well that's about it for today, see you all again tomorrow.

All the best, Nev.

I found this old pic from my orchid growing days of a group of Cattleya Amber Glow seedlings and thought I'd show it just for a change.