Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 100, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 100

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 100
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. Its a cool morning here as is usual . Makes it not seem so bad when the day heats up later as we get cool evenings too.
The garden is very dry looking and I have slowly started getting some of the old plants out. Most will wait until autumn so I can really cut them back properly.
Have to deadhead the roses again. They are doing very well. I wonder if they just like where they are out in the open or if the handful of Epsom Salts each year helps. Probably both. I have no hose on them so they havent been watered in the 3 years they have been there.
I notice all the old irises I pulled out and threw under the trees are showing signs of growing. I dont mind as they are out of the way and will fill that empty spot.
I have had hundreds of Monarch butterflies around, but they are slowly dying off now.
I bought 4 new buddleas for them. I will plant them out in the salvia area as they will be good for shade over the smaller salvias.

Hello Teresa. At least Copper did get the icecream . All our scraps go to the maggies. They just love to fight over the carcase of any chooks. This time they got a turkey one.
Its so funny to watch them argue when there is plenty for all. They are so picky. If I toss out any meat scraps, they wont eat them unless they are from cooked meat.
Very upmarket birds here. I said to hubby, next thing they will want knives & forks. ...lol

Hello Chrissy. That pic of your sky looks just like ours has done for a long time , but we dont get the rain from ours. You will see blue sky soon, I hope.

Hello Karen, Colleen, Dianne, Anthony, Kat, Moon and Charleen.
I hope you are all enjoying the holidays and having some lovely weather. Keep safe and enjoy all your lovely presents.

I am off to play musical chairs with the plants again. I am having fun deciding who will go where. I now have 4 brugs on the front veranda so I can smell the flowers when they open.
I moved epis off benches and still have to plant a couple of Lilly Pillys.

Heres something tasty for morning tea. Banana Muffins.
Enjoy the day.
Jean