Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: December 2011 - Snow and Christmas! , 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: December 2011 - Snow and Christmas!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of December 2011 - Snow and Christmas!
shortleaf wrote:
Thanks. Haha! That IS an aquarium, but it is now a desert terrarium..lol! I found it in the basement so I asked if I could use it for a terrarium. It used to have a plant over on the left and another one over on the right and they both died, I have yet to get all their remains out. It is wedged in that bottom shelf good, not enuff room for cats to get in there and mess around! That little round cactus is tough, it hasn't had any sunlight since I bought it at Home Depot in June. It seems to be plugging right along, it's green, so that always good! I only water it once a month or so with that red squirt bottle, it seems fine with that schedule. It is called Mammalaria marksiana, it gets 6" in diameter eventually it says. I'll prolly need to get it some quality light before it takes off like that, (all it has, is those skinny fishlight bulbs in that cover) it's supposed to have a nice flower too.
That plant in the middle is cut flowers that are looking pretty bad, they are flowers my friend got on the passing of her Mom 19 days ago. Like my former dishsoap water-bottle?! Haha! No need to answer, I just like pointing stuff out..lol! I keep all the glues in that basket too!

Yeah, billyp!

They said on the news that the day after Christmas was record breaking for returns and even people shopping for great deals, I'm not braving the crowds either! I can just see the customer service line at Walmart!
AND the moods of the people in it!

60° F Thursday, they say!

Just edited to say those are roadside limestone rocks in the photo too, aren't they lovely?!

This message was edited Dec 28, 2011 5:14 PM