Photo by Melody

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Whats happening in your neck of the woods? Ring out the old, 1 by Carla_DAnna

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Carla_DAnna

In reply to: Whats happening in your neck of the woods? Ring out the old

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Whats happening in your neck of the woods?  Ring out the old
Carla_DAnna wrote:
Hi all,

I'm sort of new here, long time gardener but new to the forums. I'm looking forward to getting to know you nice folks.

A bit about me...I am happily married, a recently retired nurse, long term gardener and somewhat encumbered with spinal stenosis issues. I have a lovely family including 2 grown sons who live locally and my first grand child, a boy named David. I adore being a new grandmother. I also have a grown daughter who lives in CA.

We live in Laurel, MD. We have a lot of wild critters so my kids recently fenced in my garden for me and I am shielded inside that fence from all but chipmonks, squirrels and birds. I'm also working on making most of my veggie garden into raised beds.

I grow a lot of herbs, perennial and annual flowers and variable kinds of food crops. I'm seriously thinking about beekeeping and fantasize about chickens. I have an 18 year old tabby cat and feed the birds. I like to sail and hike and explore new areas, especially small towns.

I use pinterest.com and growveg.com. Both sites are wonderful and really help to organize my brain. I also play on facebook, everything2.com and livejournal. I think I spend a bit too much time online, lol. My laptop or iPhone are always nearby.

This Christmas was the Best Christmas Ever with the new grandbaby and all the kids home.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and to spending more time on the forums here. I hope to come to the seed and plant swaps and meet some of you there. Here is a picture of the newly fenced garden area.

Carla