Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 100, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 100

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 100
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone..
Cool here this morning but the sky is clearing. Supposed to get very hot for the next few days. That will make things humid after the rain.
We had nothing like the rain and storms elsewhere. Not that I want any either.
The garden is looking a bit green again after drying off so much.
I hear weeds talking about regrowing. They had better watch out, I still have Roundup.

I love lizards etc... We have a few blue tongues that wander around. Probably a snake or two as well but I dont see them . Lots of hiding places for all the little creatures and I make noise when I am diving into bushes . I dont want the snakes to have heart attack if I scare them.

Hello Anthony. Sounds like you have some of Chrissys storms down there. I hope all your lilies for the shows are okay.

Hello Marlene, pretty arum. My zantes are just coming out.

Hello Dianne. Did you get much of all that rain around the place ? Your brugs will be loving the rain . Mine seem to grow overnight in any rain.

Hello Colleen. How are your cacti going. I had a couple out here with bright red flowers which lasted for over a week. Dear little cacti with flowers bigger than them.

Hello Charleen, do you get many rattlesnakes in your area ? They are very beautiful creatures. I find if left alone, most creatures will avoid you .
I bet Charley doesnt like crawlies. Other animals seem to sense the danger around.

Hello Karen. How are you doing up there ? I do hope that the storms send some rain to you. I also hope you are feeling so much better now.

Hello to everyone else.
I am going out in the sun to check on whats going on in the various garden areas.

Chrissy, my bougainvillea has turned triffid and I am going to have to cover myself in armour later in the autumn to cut it right back. I allowed it to grow over the fence but it also decided to grow inside the fence. I have to rescue the abutilons which are still defying it and growing up through the middle.

Hers something nice to have with your cuppa everyone. Chocolate Rum Truffles.
I just know Brian is around somewhere for these. Leisa must be there too.

Enjoy your day whatever the weather.. Its nearly time for the jolly fat man .

Happy day,
Jean.