Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 100, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 100

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 100
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. Still a few showers and overcast here. Lovely rain.

I wish I could mail you some rain, Karen but I need what we are getting. I hope you get some soon
My plants are getting more of this rain into the soil as I had just watered before it started.. I find once the soil is wet, any moisture gets further in.
i can relate to your house problems. Our soil is clay too and the house has so many cracks, one would never get them fixed. They open and shut with the weather. Our doors are like yours , either shutting properly or not at all.
Hubby has given up moving the door catches as they will be out of line again just days after he did them.
Being an old cottage on top of hill, I often think it is only the chimney that holds us here. None of the floors are level and walls and cupboards go up and down. I say to hubby, one day we may just slide down the hill into the neighbors dam.
At least its a roof over our heads and hopefully will last as long as we do.

Hello Chrissy, perhaps you could push some rain to Karen, you are closer .
Be careful walking around on that slippery ground.

Hello Colleen and Dianne, hope you are getting good weather.

Teresa, thats sad , knowing people are still being affected by the earthquake in their lives.
Its hard to see familiar buildings just gone. When your surroundings alter so much, it is hard to get a grip on the smaller everyday things like trying to get ready for Christmas.
Some people can adjust quickly, but so many dont.

Hello Anthony, hope all is well with your and your lovely garden. Molly will be looking forward to next weekend when Santa arrives.

Hello Elaine, hope you are doing well there. Your pretty garden will be the place to relax over Christmas.

Charleen, there is a special plate of cookies in the kitchen for Charley and the long ears.
I hope you get lots of pretty things for Christmas .

Louise, if you are looking in, Have a great time over Christmas with Hank & the girls.

Hello Marlene and anyone else out there.

I am going out to see how the babies are all doing after the lovely rain.
Keep safe and enjoy your gardens.
Heres a yummy treat. . Apple and Blueberry Shortcake.

Happy day,
Jean.