Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 100, 1 by DawnSong

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DawnSong

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 100

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 100
DawnSong wrote:
Good morning all. Seems incredible some of you are getting so much rain, while we sit here, waiting for it. They say its coming, some supposedly today, and it is overcast but not a drop has arrived yet.

Jean, I am getting there. No pain at all, but the wound has opened up more and looks totally revolting with that big patch of dead skin in the middle. I get it checked again tomorrow, and I think it will be all good news really as there is no infection that I can see at all. It is just going to take time, is all.

Christmas is going to be a bunch of us all recovering from our ops. My niece in law has had a skin cancer taken from her eye, has had plastic surgery done as her lower eyelid was removed, and her eye is actually stitched shut. So she will be the one with the patch over her eye. Barry's brother is having surgery to 3 arm joints just a few days before Christmas, so he will be the one with his arm in a sling. And of course, I'll be the one with the bandaged leg. Great, we can all sit round and discuss our war wounds.

Went to a place called Simply Living yesterday and scored some terracotta stuff, a nice medium size pot, a medium size terracotta garden ball, and an echidna. All for the princely sum of $27. A bargain, I think. My daughters Christmas pressie for the garden at her new unit. She has a cave like front door entrance that is too dark to grow much else but ferns, and I think the terracotta pieces will sit well in there with the brick and glass surroundings. And if she doesn't like them, I get to keep them. Don't think I'll count on it though.

Meanwhile, my lovely Vanilla Orchid has decided it likes it here and has started to really grow well. I think the "branches" have to be 15 or 20 feet long before they'll flower, so its good they are finally getting going. Here is the pic...

Karen