Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tomatoes & Peppers: Bacterial Spot on my romas, 1 by SoFlaCommercial

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SoFlaCommercial

In reply to: Bacterial Spot on my romas

Forum: Tomatoes & Peppers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Bacterial Spot on my romas
SoFlaCommercial wrote:
:)

So Fla Commercial - i chose user name poorly when i first joined - actually, I am a commercial real estate agent; not a grower.

The person at the EXT office was called 'dr', so I'm *assuming* he's some sort of horticulturist? All I know is the extension office made me make a special trip to see him because he is only in the office on thursdays, and he's the 'vegetable expert'. He said that it was bacterial spot. I thought it was blight, given that I'd had a problem with (what I thought) was blight during the summer, but in hindsight, it may have actually been spot that I had the problem with earlier in the year.

all I know is that I pruned my bushes back so much this morning that with the tomatoes hanging down, it looks sort of....perverted, and I REALLY don't want to have to pull them up.

I did note, though that the basil I planted (read somewhere it was a good companion plant) in the same bed has dark splotches of (what looks to me) to be mold. I showed the 'dr' an iphone photo of it when I went in that day, and he said that it looked like the basil had wet feet. I hope the basil is not indicative of some problem that could also affect the romas.....