Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: December 2011 - Snow and Christmas! , 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: December 2011 - Snow and Christmas!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of December 2011 - Snow and Christmas!
shortleaf wrote:
I too am glad I covered the pond, but now it's all frozen! I want to take that plastic cover off, but get the leaves out first, but it's all frozen! I'd also like to put the waterlily root-mass thing down to the very deepest part of the pond which I'm quite sure it's not at now. It's supposed to get up to 50 degrees Sunday, I'll try to get it all done then, if it's not too late.

I did some more raking today. In this photo, you can really tell the difference between a 1994 car (blue, mine) and a 2011 car (white, not mine..lol) Tomorrow is the last yardwaste pickup of the year here. I've only raked up maybe 20% of all the leaves, I'll probably need to take the rest to the landfill in my trailer. I've set out about 6 more yardwaste sacks, but there is about 40 to go!

I can attest that feeling under-the-weather does hold you back from doing stuff! I was outside today just walking around my planted plants. I hope my vision of a yard that looks like a million bucks in my mind comes true next year! It looks like such a mess right now! That visiting Sister must look at it and think, "geez, what a mess he has made"! She won't be here long enuff to mess my yardwork up and upset me some more, so I should be okay there.

I like Christmas music too, it's comical how when you go shopping that's all you hear!

For anybody that has been following my stories of the elderly, disabled lady, unfortunately, she isn't talking, eating or drinking. By saying that here, it's not like I am telling anything that might insensitively surprise family members out there, her family is all here, it's only 2 people, 2 daughters.

I log out of DG now, so no chance that the Sister will see what I type.

Will

This message was edited Dec 7, 2011 9:09 PM