Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: December 2011 - Snow and Christmas! , 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: December 2011 - Snow and Christmas!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of December 2011 - Snow and Christmas!
shortleaf wrote:
Yeah, leaves are gold! I'm gonna have plenty of opportunity to get some because curbside pickup of yard waste ends Thursday and I won't have nearly all of them raked up by then. I'll have probably 30 sacks or more of leaves to keep if I want. I might lobby for one of those leaf-blowers that vacuum and shred leaves into tiny bits, they're only $99 at Home Depot. It would be way to slow to do the whole yard like that but I'm sure it would be okay to do that for a couple sacks of leaves. I'd like to get something like mulched leaves maybe to help insulate some Banana 'Basjoo's from the cold, the leaves would do the job I think.

That cable installer guy was a jackbutt! For examples, he took off the ceiling tiles in the rec. room and just left them off, he missed the appointment for the installation by an hour and a half and of course the mess with the cable in the yard, that he left for us to do something with. My friend here says we should complain some more now with the pic I got 2 days ago. I told a customer service lady back then that I was about to poke him in the eyes like the The 3 Stooges and she gasps and she said she should have him disciplined, "he shouldn't be representing Comcast", she says. Even back then was only about 2 months ago. I hate to get people in trouble like that, but he messes people's houses up. When he had the ladder up against the house, my pretty, variegated, Hosta leaves were poked thru the rungs of his ladder, he had been stepping on the leaves, before I got it!

Oh, he likely had a tie he coulda put on the cable at least, but I guess he'd rather try to hide a loose pile of cable behind a bush.
Boy, I'm glad I put that plastic sheet over the waterpond!

This message was edited Dec 6, 2011 4:47 AM