Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Morning Glories: Winter MG blooms 2011-2012 # 1, 1 by GordonHawk

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright GordonHawk

In reply to: Winter MG blooms 2011-2012 # 1

Forum: Morning Glories

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Winter MG blooms 2011-2012 # 1
GordonHawk wrote:
welll here's one... it's the vine growing up about in the center of the photo.. to the right of the yellow brug.. Ludger's summer dream... and to the left of the buddelia... the picture was from the middle of August... and a month and 1/2 before the early snow of Halloween that did it in... seems like it should have flowered by then...
OH... I had a question of the growers of this Stictocardia... mine seemed to prefer the shade... vines are such sun seekers... but thios one grew up into it OK... but had it's leaves mostly pointing the other way to the north side of the trellis... when it got to the topp of it & about 8-10 ft... I strung a support across the arden to the south side for it to grow out across on... but the new vine there was always flopping back to the shady side.. and refused... although I started it across this new support ... it would turn back and refuse to go to the sun.. but would flop unsupported back in the shade of it's self.. maybe being from Africa... it is an inbreed protection system in play... has anyone noticed this tendency on this vine