Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Morning Glories: Winter MG blooms 2011-2012 # 1, 1 by GordonHawk

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright GordonHawk

In reply to: Winter MG blooms 2011-2012 # 1

Forum: Morning Glories

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Winter MG blooms 2011-2012 # 1
GordonHawk wrote:
I should start mine now maybe... last year I waited till Feburary.. and had two nice little plants to set out with the first warm weather.. One seed was from e-bay.. which grew to a big 15' vine.. about as big around as my thumb...with lots of branching.. .. it turned dry and crispy with the first cold of halloween.. no flowers.. the other.. from Jacques on Reunion Island.. it made a clump of 8 leaves. that grew big.. but never got above a foot tall.. not a hint of vineing.. also no flowers.. it was a mystery.. but perhaps it was suffering the result of some treatment that contained some gibrillic acid used to start it off.. it's wierd and unpredictable stuff..
thanks for the reminder... Debra.. I'll start some this weekend
OH I did pull the root ball of the big vine up for overwintering.. but I have no.. absolutely no real hope of it's recovery
picture is of the one that grew no vine.. it's the big leaves there...they don't look damaged.. and everything else in the container is doing fine.. I'll look for a picture of the big vine